A smoky, lemony delight with a delicious mix of textures – from the chewy tofu and crunchy vegetables to light fluffy cauliflower rice. It’s an ideal lunch or dinner, for any season, and both the tofu and chickpeas make this dish a great source of plant-based protein. What’s more, you get an extra serving of your five-a-day in the cauliflower rice!
- Cut the tofu into cubes. Mix all of the remaining tofu ingredients together in a large bowl to create the marinade. Add the tofu to this bowl, mix well to ensure it is full coated. Set aside to marinate whilst you prepare the cauliflower rice and chop the vegetables.
- Add the cauliflower to a food processor and blend to create rice-sized grains (do not over-blend or it will be too small to have any texture).
- Add one tablespoon of olive oil to a large frying pan. Heat over a medium-high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add the tofu to the pan. Fry for around ten to twelve minutes, turning frequently, until it has begun to crisp around the edges.
- Add the chickpeas, mange tout, asparagus, and garlic to the pan with the tofu. Cook for three minutes, then add the cauliflower grains, olives, the juice of half a lemon, and black pepper.
- Stirring frequently, cook for around 4-5 minutes until the cauliflower is tender but firm.
- Cut the remaining half lemon into slices.
- Serve with a slice of lemon on each portion.