This vegan BBQ burrito is an absolute must-try! Perfect for quick weeknight meals or a weekend treat.
Recipe by Eatplanted
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
2 tsp cumin
1 tbsp paprika
1 tsp cayenne pepper
2 red peppers, sliced
1 x 400g tinned beans, drained and rinsed
5 tbsp vegan yoghurt (or coconut yoghurt)
4 large tortillas (or gluten-free tortillas)
Eatplanted pulled BBQ (or similar)
Optional fillings: lettuce, chopped red onion, chopped tomatoes, chopped fresh coriander
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Season the sweet potato with the cumin, paprika, pepper and oil.
3. Transfer the sweet potato to a tray and roast for 25 minutes, or until cooked.
4. In a saucepan over medium heat, cook the pulled BBQ pork with the beans then add the peppers.
5. Mix the lime into the yoghurt with some fresh coriander.
6. Add the tortillas directly to the oven shelf for a minute to warm them through just before you build the burritos. Build the burrito, wrap tightly and serve!
Did you like this vegan BBQ burrito? Explore more vegan Mexican recipes.
Sign up to receive a celebrity e-cookbook along with inspiring recipes, meal plans and more. All our resources are 100% free!
Already signed up? No need to register again, keep an eye on your inbox for your cookbook!