Looking for a vegan smoked salmon alternative? This popular dish can be veganised easily thanks to our tasty recipe! The secret ingredient is carrots in a delicious marinade.
Prep time: 20 minutes + time in the fridge
Cooking time: 5 minutes
100ml olive oil
2 tbsp caper brine
2 nori sheets, torn into tiny pieces
2 tbsp soy
1 tsp miso
1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 tbsp agave
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp liquid smoke
2 large carrots
Dill and capers to serve
1. Make the marinade by putting all the ingredients into a dish and mixing well. Set aside.
2. Peel, top and tail the carrots, then slice long thin strips from them using a vegetable peeler.
3. Steam them over a pan of boiling water for 4 mins.
4. Immediately put them into the marinade and mix well. Cover and refrigerate overnight
5. Drain the oil from them and serve on a bagel with vegan cream cheese and chopped dill and capers.
Discover even more vegan seafood recipes.
Sign up to receive a celebrity e-cookbook along with inspiring recipes, meal plans and more. All our resources are 100% free!
Already signed up? No need to register again, keep an eye on your inbox for your cookbook!