This vegan tuna pasta bake is even better than the original!
If you’re looking for other tuna alternatives, we recommend this chickpea tuna recipe!
300g pasta of your choice
2 tbsp olive oil
1 red onion, peeled and sliced
1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
1 tin chopped tomatoes
50ml water or vegetable stock
1 pinch chilli flakes
Handful parsley, chopped, plus a little more to garnish
1 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
½ stick celery, finely chopped
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp onion powder
3 tbsp caper juice
2 tbsp nori flakes
1 tbsp vegan mayo
Salt and pepper
40g salted crisps
75 vegan cheese, grated
1. Heat the oven to 200 / 180 Fan.
2. First, make the tomato sauce. Fry the onion in the oil for 7-8 minutes until softening, add the garlic and cook for another minute.
3. Add the tomatoes and chilli flakes, stir and remove from the heat.
4. Meanwhile, cook the pasta for 10 minutes until al dente. Drain.
5. While the pasta is cooking, make the ‘tuna’. Roughly mash the chickpeas with the back of a fork, and then stir in all the other ingredients. Season to taste.
6. Now, combine the cooked pasta with the ‘tuna’ and the tomato sauce and tip into a baking dish.
7. Combine the crushed crisps and vegan cheese together and sprinkle them on top.
8. Bake in the oven for 15-20 mins or until the top is golden and bubbling.
9. Sprinkle some parsley over the top to serve.