380g plain flour
2tsp baking powder
130g caster sugar
250ml OGGS® Aquafaba
7tbsp vegetable oil
A squeeze of lemon
75g vegan chocolate chips
150ml dairy-free milk
Favourite toppings… fresh fruit, maple syrup, melted chocolate…the options go on and on.
These vegan chocolate chip pancakes make a great weekend treat. Perfect for brunching or Pancake Day, these delicious plant-based pancakes are a must-try!
Recipe by Oggs.
Serves 12 pancakes
Prep time: 45 mins (cooling time included)
Cook time: 15 mins
1. Combine all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
2. Next, whisk up your OGGS® Aquafaba in a clean bowl for 30 seconds until it’s pale and frothy and then add the oil, lemon juice and milk.
3. Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture, little by little. Whisk until you’ve made a smooth thick batter.
4. Rest the pancake batter in the fridge for 30 minutes…sorry!
5. Once you’ve taken the mixture out from the fridge, fold the chocolate chips in.
6. Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and add a knob of margarine. Once melted, add a small ladleful of batter into the frying pan and smooth into a rough round with the back of the ladle.
7. Wait until the base of the mixture sets and the top begins to bubble, then flip it over and cook until both sides are golden brown. Repeat until all the batter is used up. Serve with lashings of your favourite toppings!
If you liked these chocolate chip pancakes, you’ll love these Violife Cocospread pancakes too!
Sign up to receive a celebrity e-cookbook along with inspiring recipes, meal plans and more. All our resources are 100% free!
Already signed up? No need to register again, keep an eye on your inbox for your cookbook!