Makes 2 dozen 3-inch cookies
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk okara and all-purpose flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the brown sugar with hot water. Add the coconut oil, almond butter, and vanilla and whisk until smooth. Stir in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts (if using).
- *Baker’s Secret: Cookies are extra delicious if you rest the dough for 1 hour or more before baking.
- Place heaping tablespoons of dough 2” apart on lined pans. Bake 14-16 minutes in preheated oven, rotating pans half way, until cookies are golden brown. Set pans on a rack to cool.