Looking for vegan chicken alternatives? There are plenty of cluckin’ tasty dishes available at UK restaurants.
As veganism becomes more popular, high street chains and independent restaurants are expanding their plant-powered options. You’ll even find countless vegan chicken alternatives at your local supermarkets too!
It’s never been it’s easier to get your fried chicken fix or find protein-packed wraps on a vegan diet. Our Choose Chicken-Free campaign is all about highlighting the delicious plant-based alternatives out there.
So, if you’re not sure where to find vegan chicken substitutes on restaurant menus in the UK, check out our guide.
Vegan Chicken Alternatives
- Vegan Chicken Royale – Burger King’s classic Royale has been given a vegan makeover and it’s just as tasty as the original! The newly launched burger features a crispy vegan patty topped with vegan mayo. It’s Vegan Society Approved, which means it’s cooked separately from non-vegan items on the menu.
- Vegan Nuggets – These impressive meatless nuggets are Vegan Society Approved and available in a box of 6, 9 or 20 pieces.
- Chick-Ain’t Pizza – Following the success of their first vegan offering, Domino’s launched their Chick-Ain’t Pizza. Complete with chicken-like soya strips, fresh veggie toppings and satisfyingly melty vegan cheese, even non-vegans will love it. To top this off, it also comes with a vegan Garlic and Herb Dip. Winner! Check out our guide to the best vegan pizzas on the UK high street for more amazing plant-based options.
- Vegan Nuggets – If the pizza isn’t enough, treat yourself to the vegan nuggets too. These crispy, southern-fried nuggets make the perfect side dish and we’re sure you’ll savour every bite.
- Not-Chicken Vegan Bites – Although Papa John’s offer an impressive range of vegan pizza, they don’t have chicken-style option (yet). Try their Not-Chicken Vegan Bites – they’re deliciously crispy and dangerously more-ish.
- Cauliflower Wings – We know what you’re thinking: how can cauliflower possibly mimic chicken? You’ll be surprised when you try these crispy wings dipped in the Papa John’s hot buffalo sauce.
- T.L.C. (Tastes Like Chicken) Sandwich – Say goodbye to boring sandwiches and hello to Subway’s T.L.C. Made with soy-based chicken strips and Violife cheese, it’s a great alternative that will make sure you won’t miss meat.
- Vegan Nuggets – Got a craving for nuggets you just can’t curb? Feast your eyes on Pizza Hut’s southern fried Vegan Nuggets. The crispy skin and meat-like texture make these perfect for sharing with non-vegan friends or family.
- Original Recipe Vegan Burger – Enjoy KFC’s iconic finger-lickin’ flavour but without the cruelty! Made with a Quorn vegan chicken fillet, it’s a delicious alternative you need to try. Unfortunately, it’s not yet available as a meal as the fries aren’t vegan-friendly.
- Vegatsu – One of Wagamama’s most popular dishes has been veganised! This curry dish includes tofu and soya protein coated in panko breadcrumbs and katsu curry sauce. Also available as a spicy option.
- Bang Bang Cauliflower – If you’re not a fan of mock meats, try this deliciously crispy, wok-fried cauliflower as an alternative to chicken wings. It’s coated firecracker sauce too.
- Spicy Teriyaki Vegan Chicken Hirata Bun – This dish includes seasoned soya protein inside fluffy Asian buns, which makes a tasty vegan chicken alternative.
- Shu’s Shiok Jackfruit – In this fragrant dish, turmeric and ginger marinated jackfruit replaces chicken.
- Teriyaki Vegan Chicken Ramen – Those who love ramen are sure to enjoy this plant-based chicken alternative and udon noodles covered in spicy teriyaki sauce.
- Heat No Meat Pizza – If you’re partial to a spicy dish, try this pizza topped with vegan chicken, green peppers, red chillies, spicy vegan ‘nduja and sriracha drizzle.
- Spaghetti Carboggnara – This unique carbonara recipe uses OGGS vegan egg replacement so you can still enjoy your favourite pasta dish.
- Orzotto Chick’n – A pasta risotto complete not just with vegan chicken, but bacon too!