Veganuary works with some of the most progressive, innovative companies out there to bring plant-based food to the masses. This is key to creating real, positive change on a large scale across the world. So we’re absolutely thrilled to announce game-changers Beyond Meat as the official Veganuary 2020 sponsor!
“Each year, Veganuary inspires people up and down the country to give plant-based products a try and in so doing enjoy a host of positive impacts,” says Bram Meijer, Beyond Meat’s Marketing Director for Europe. “The great majority of Beyond Meat consumers are meat-loving flexitarians, and we’re excited to support Veganuary’s efforts to reach even more mainstream consumers. Our hope is that those taking part will see just how easy it is to incorporate plant-based meat into their diets, while still enjoying all their favourite traditional dishes like bangers and mash or a juicy, delicious burger.”
“Beyond Meat products are designed to look, cook and taste just like their traditional meaty counterparts, which means you can still eat the foods you love, while enjoying the nutritional and environmental benefits of eating plant-based meat products.”
The company, which counts Leonardo DiCaprio, Bill Gates, and over 20 world-class athletes as investors, is already an enormous success Stateside. The brand arrived in the UK with the much celebrated Beyond Burger in 2018, to the delight of vegans, vegetarians and flexitarians across the country. As of 2019 you can also buy the Beyond Sausage here too!
Product range and availability
• The company describes the Beyond Burger as “the world’s only burger that looks, cooks, and tastes like ground beef from cows but is made entirely from plants”
• It contains no soy or gluten
• It’s made with simple plant-based ingredients, applied in fresh ways
• It has more protein than a beef burger, with less saturated and total fat
• The Beyond Sausage is “irresistibly meaty and has exactly the same sizzle, bite and juiciness as a real pork sausage” says Beyond Meat
• It contains less sodium and saturated fat
• Peas, fava beans and brown rice are used to provide the protein, while coconut oil provides mouth-watering juiciness
• It’s all wrapped inside a remarkable 100% plant-based casing derived from algae
You can trial their products by visiting one of their foodservice partners, which include Honest Burger, All Bar One, Beefeater, Brew Dog, Cosy Club, Dishoom, Byron, Hache and many more. You can also pop into Tesco or Whole Foods if you want to buy the burger or sausage and cook it at home.